Oh Saturday…How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. November 9, 2013 – I am grateful…
1. Blues – Saturdays equal music! Growing up, it was also cleaning day. We would wake up to mom blasting Blues music throughout the house, especially Johnnie Taylor. It instantly put us in a good mood and the cleaning didn’t seem to last that long.
3. Cartoons – I am not talking about today’s cartoons. I’m talking about the old school cartoons that would make me get up at the crack of dawn, grabbing a big bowl of cereal, just to hop right in front of the television. Shout out to Bugs Bunny and the crew!
4. Pancakes – Ask anyone that knows me well. I’ve most likely cooked pancakes at some point in time for them.
5. Sleeping Late – The older I get, the harder it is to truly is to sleep. I blame my Virgo brain and it’s inability to turn off the mental checklists.
6. Phone calls with Mama – My Mama cracks me up. She has the energy level of a three year old and on Saturday mornings, she never uses her inside voice. Ha! She is up having a blast and will often call me if I don’t call her by 9 am. (See point 5.)
7. Pajama Time – I can clean the house, eat cereal, watch cartoons, cook pancakes, sleep late, and talk to Mama in the comfort of my pajamas. Of course they are on the list!
8. Hair Care Time – Whenever I dare to straighten my hair, it takes a long time. So lucky Saturday it is. I can take my time, attack these curls, and prepare for a beautiful Sunday.
9. Trying New Recipes – When I’m bored, I like to cook…not necessarily eat, but cook. This weekend, I decided to make Gingerbread Cookies by Betty Crocker. Simply follow the directions on the back of the box. It’s that simple.
Kay Jonesy, Sweet Tea Connoisseur ♥