Summer is almost officially here, so it’s the perfect time to jazz up the kitchen by adding fresh fruits to your dishes. Today’s recipe can work with any fruit, but my favorite thing to use is blackberries. I love making these, because they are super easy to cook! Plus, they’re great for individual servings and a quick-grab leftover.
I hope that you give these a try soon!
Blackberry Cobbler Cups
- 3/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 stick of butter (melted)
- 1-2 cups of fruit (peaches, blackberries, apples, etc.)
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla Flavoring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, sugar, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla flavoring (and set aside while you line the cupcake pan with liners)
- In each cupcake liner, place just a “dab” of melted butter (about the size of a dime…Feel free to add any leftover butter to the mix and stir once more.)
- Fill each cupcake liner about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- After all cupcake liners are filled, drop in about 3-5 blackberries in each cup (or selected fruit); you may want to lightly place them deeper into the batter with a fork (not too much though)
- Place in the over for 10-15 minutes. I like to sprinkle a little sugar on top right before they’re done, returning them to the over for another 5-7 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the oven when they’re golden brown. You can allow them time to cool or you can grab a bowl and add a dab of ice cream to enjoy.
K. Jones ♥