I realize that it’s been a while since I’ve posted a recipe. Today’s treat comes from a Pinterest find. And as I always do, I decided to jazz it up a bit.
- Sausage (1 package)
- Eggs (2)
- Crescent Rolls (2 packages/cans)
- Cream Cheese (1 package)
- Jalapeños (optional)
- black pepper (optional)
- garlic powder (optional dash)
- shredded cheese
- butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium to large skillet, brown the sausage. The Pinterest recipe suggests draining the skillet, but I didn’t.
- In a medium to large bowl, combine the sausage and cream cheese.
- Scramble the two eggs and add them to the cream cheese and sausage mix.
- Line a baking sheet with foil paper. I also spray the foil very lightly with Pam Cooking Spray.
- Place two of the crescent roll triangles together on the foil. Most likely, you will need to pinch the perforated edges together to get rid of any holes.
- OPTIONAL: Returning to your sausage and cream cheese mix, add in a few jalapeños and the dash of garlic powder.
- Sprinkle your desired portion of shredded cheese on the crescent bread.
- Place half of the sausage, egg, and cream cheese mix on top of the shredded cheese. (Similar to filling a hot pocket)
- Taking the other 2 triangles of crescent bread, cover the sausage, egg, and cream cheese mix, pinching together any holes, creating what looks like a loaf of bread.
- Repeat these steps for the second loaf.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the loaves are removed from the oven, lightly cover them in butter or margarine.
I really like this recipe because you can play around with the filler foods. I will say that I tried this one thinking that it would turn out okay. However, I cooked it for my mother and sister when they came to visit. When they packed their car to return home, they took a nice shiny foil package with them. I think that’s a win!
K. Jones ♥