Role: Owner | Designer| Maker
A brief overview… I ♥:
All Things Creative
Oversized Sweaters with Leggings
Dance Parties with Toddlers
Singing Loudly to the Radio
Quality Time with Loved Ones
A little more detail:
A Mississippi native, I truly believe that warm sweet tea is the staple to a happy home. Over many sips, Mason Jar in hand, I can definitely confirm that I am a thinker who isn’t afraid of laughing at the most inappropriate times. I enjoy cooking, but not as much as sarcasm.
On the cooking front, I am the product of watching my grandmother, mother, and siblings work their magic in the kitchen. As I ventured into this thing called independence, I realized that my weekly monetary donations to local fast food corporations needed to end. As a result, I decided to give the old fashioned recipes a try. Feel free to borrow one from my many posts. If you like it, pass it on. If not, well…stay classy and stray from gossip.
The Hazel Gennie is a blog inspired by life and named after my amazing & sassy grandmothers, Mattie Hazeltine and Gennie. Drafting ideas for The Hazel Gennie as a little girl, I somehow pushed those aside when I encountered high school, college, and my first professional career. Revisiting my creativity and passions, I decided to dust off my gifts and talents. As a result, the Hazel Gennie is a catch-all blog. Besides, my grandmothers did it all! (Mom too, if I’m keeping tabs.)
In addition to creativity and food posts, you’ll see that I like to give my two cents on other topics. But before you jump in, I want to share a few of my core values.
- There is nothing better than your Mama always being there for you.
- Making the perfect sweet tea is an art form.
- The kitchen is often witness to the creation of delicious signature recipes. Usually those recipes are the ones that are not written down. You know what they say…if a recipe falls from the counter and no one is in the kitchen to hear it, did it really fall from the counter…onto the floor…or…something like that…
- Manners are never optional.
- Leopard print is a solid, therefore it goes with anything.
- Being Christian does not equal being boring. It definitely does not equal an ornery attitude. A relationship with God makes you no better than anyone else. Everyone is in the race together.
- No one should ever leave your home hungry.
- True vacations equal doing absolutely nothing.
- Thank you notes are a necessary component of being gracious.
- (And last but not least) People don’t have to be nice. And when they are, they don’t have to be nice to you.
Consider this blog my home. I hope that you leave it feeling full and desiring seconds.
Bless your heart!
Kathy S. Jones ♥